Friday, August 7, 2009

Bought 100 JTD/ ADDED TO ADRU/SOLD GJS

1. Animal Spirit Somewhat Animated by Jobs Report-Bought 100 JTD at $10.13 and Added to ETF ADRU (see Disclaimer): I did buy a 100 shares of another CEF on Friday, JTD, a leveraged fund which was selling at over a 16% discount to NAV as of Thursday's close. This fund has about 75% in stocks and 25% in preferred securities, corporate bonds and other securities. JTD - Nuveen Tax-Advantaged Dividend Growth Fund Based on my cost, the current yield is 9.87%. JTD Fund Quote Dividends are paid quarterly. This is a link to the last quarterly report filed with the SEC: FORM N-Q I looked at the preferred securities and most of them appeared to be what I call Trust Preferred, which are junior bonds. I did notice several positions in the Aegon and ING securities that are currently eligible for the qualified dividend rate. One objective of this CEF is to invest at least 80% of the fund in securities "that are eligible to pay tax-advantage dividends". JTD

I also added to my existing position in the ETF ADRU at $19.81. My last add was on April 21, 2009 at $15.12 (total cost w/commission). This ETF contains the ADRs of 100 large European companies and has an expense ratio of .30%. BLDRS Europe 100 ADR Index Fund - ADRU The dividend yield is currently over 4%. ADRU Fund Quote Admittedly, it would have been better to buy more at $15.12, but I would say in my defense that I did do a lot of buying in early March, just before the market turned up, and continued doing so through that month and into April. That was all the bravery I could muster, and the buying was heavy at times.

2. Sold 100 GJS at 13.06 (see Disclaimer): I just bought this TC at $12.25, and I blow between cold and lukewarm on it. Bought 100 GJS/ I was lukewarm on it when I bought it back and now I am giving it the cold shoulder again. It has an okay float but does not have a guarantee. I like to have both. So out it went for the second time this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment