Tuesday, February 3, 2009

BUY of 50 MDRX

I mentioned Allscripts (MDRX), one of the leading companies in electronic medical records, in a prior post.  I finished my research on the company last night and purchased 50 shares at $8.45. This replaces Delek (DK) which was sold a few days ago.  I am somewhat hopeful that MDRX will double in price provided that I give it at least 3 years.  So my goal is 15 to 17 sometime between 2011 to 2103, and I would be pleased.  If that price range is hit before 2011, then that would be just a bonus.   There are a lot of good reports on this company.  Zachs had a good one.  I also read the last earnings release and MDRX seemed to be making good progress on integrating MisysAllscripts Reports Fiscal 2009 Second Quarter Results: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance
The company appears to be doing just fine so far in this recession which is another plus.  Yahoo! Finance  I also reviewed the recent earnings call transcript.Seeking Alpha  I also had successfully bought and sold shares in the company before the company announced a merger with Misys which just kept me away from it until I had a feel about how well the integrations was going.  As I mentioned in a prior post, the stimulus package is a plus for this company assuming it is passed.  The recently passed bill on electronic prescriptions is another boon.  ROK/Balancing Risk & Reward on SNTA/Buy 100 NSSC at $1.02/Electronic Medical Records & the Stimulus Bill/M & DKQ
Some of the other analysts report that are available include ones from VL and Morningstar.  I thought that the Zachs report was the most helpful in understanding how recent events will impact this company.  


DISCLAIMER:

  I am not a financial advisor but an individual investor trying to navigate my way through a difficult market. I have never worked for a financial institution and never will.  In these posts, I am acting as an unpaid financial journalist and an occasional political commentator.   I am also aggregating financial news stories that I view as important and providing any reader of these posts, assuming there are more than a couple, with links to those articles, sort of a filtered, somewhat intelligent, free search engine.  Any discussion made by me of particular securities  is not a recommendation to buy or to sell.  Trade at your own risk.  Consult with your financial advisor prior to making any purchase or sale. I will try to identify my sales too but it may take a few minutes after I implement them to create a post explaining my reasons.  The sale may before or after the post.  Before buying or selling any stock, even one recommended by a trusted financial advisor,  please research it and make up your own mind which is what I always try to do.  Research would include reading reports, reviewing financial records, earnings estimates, sec filings and prior earnings releases and news.  In this post, and all others by me, I am merely describing my reasons for purchasing  or selling securities, and the potential pitfalls that I identified prior to purchase or the reasons for a sale.  The securities mentioned in this and all posts written by me may not be suitable for others based on their unique financial position and risk profile.  Always read the prospectus before buying a Trust Certificate, bond, preferred stock or other bond or bond like investments.  Information contained in my posts has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable but cannot be guaranteed.  These posts by me do not constitute investment advice, nor shall they be construed as a guarantee of future results, or as an offer of any transaction in securities.   All content in these posts is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only, and it is a form of entertainment for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment