Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sold Remaining shares in the TC PIS/Added to BCF

1. Sold 50 PIS (see Disclaimer): The Trust Certificate (TC), PIS, went ex interest today and I sold my remaining 50 shares at $17.05, as the shares gain about 1/2 of the value of the interest payment today. Those shares were bought in September 2008 at a total cost of $13.69. This leaves me with 200 shares of PKK, as the only TC containing bonds issued by Liberty Media. In addition to the profit and the interest payments received or to be received, another reason for reducing my exposure to Liberty Media bonds is the same as I previously discussed for prior sales (see item # 6: 10 Year TIP Auction/Sold Pepsico/ Sold General Mills/SOLD 1/2 OF PIS POSITION/Sold Almost 1/2 of GRTPRG Position)

2. Added 50 BCF (Blackrock Real Asset) at 9.69 in Roth: (see Disclaimer) I recently sold in my Roth IRA another closed end fund, IRR, that specialized in natural resource stocks after that fund jumped to a premium to its NAV. Sold Some IRR/ I took my BCF position in that account to over 200 shares with a 50 share purchase today at $9.69. Along with the BCF shares owned in a taxable account, this brings my total close to 500 shares. I mentioned in a prior post discussing closed end funds that I might use the proceeds from the sale of IRR to buy more BCF. Closed End Funds: Energy and Natural Resources Funds I mentioned in that post that IRR was selling at a premium to NAV and BCF was then selling at a 10.99% discount to NAV. That discount has narrowed some since that earlier post, but is still close to a 10% discount as of yesterday's close.BlackRock Internet Based on its current dividend policy, which is of course subject to change, this CEF (closed end fund) has over an 11% annualize dividend yield, paid in quarterly installments. MarketWatch.com Quote The current penny rate is for a quarterly dividend of 27 cents per share or $1.08 annually per share. I would not be shocked by a dividend cut. The fund does generate some income with an option strategy, i.e., selling calls. The link to the semi-annual report (ending 4/2009) for several of Blackrock's CEFs including BCF is currently: BlackRock This sector has been pummeled pretty good in this market. This CEF has a broad range of companies in the natural resource area. I view it primarily as an income generating vehicle which also provides me with broad exposure to this sector, extending beyond energy companies, similar to the ETF IGE, iShares S&P North American Natural Resources Sector Index Fund (IGE): Overview, except BCF is not limited to just North American companies.

My last add to BCF was in February at $6.6, so it has had a good rally since that time.BUY 50 BDNPRC at $9.25/Buy 50 BCF at $6.6/Home Sales/Kudlow's Creation of His Own Reality/LQD & Correction in Bond Prices/

I also added a bank lottery ticket which I will discuss when I have more time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment