Friday, March 12, 2010

Regional Bank Strategy: Table Update

I would not bother anyone with this revised table except that it does have information on my trade dates. This will alert me when one of the stocks is about to become a long term capital gain or loss. Once an issue becomes a long term capital gain, which is about to happen with Webster Financial (WBS), I will need to make a decision on whether or not to continue holding it. In making a decision, I will take into account the dividend yield at my cost, the bank's dividend history and prospects for dividend increases, and the percentage gain. WBS and EWBC will be problematic for me after my holding period reaches a year.

Some of the banks have had two purchases, including Wilshire, Huntington, New York Community Bank and Trustco. I use the last dated purchase for the purchase date in this table, since that is the only relevant date to me. The last date is when the entire position will turn into a long term capital gain.

Again, the discussions of these purchases can be found linked in Regional Bank Stocks. Also, my discussion can be found at or near the time of the trade date. The google search box to the right can be used to find additional posts discussing each bank.

I added a name today, BCBP, which I will discuss in a post sometime over the weekend or in my Monday morning post.

No comments:

Post a Comment