Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cutting Down on Links in Posts

I am going to cut down on the links that I make in these posts since they take too much of my time, and they can be distracting when reading my posts.  Instead, I am just going to link only original source material like SEC filings rather than stories from news services like Reuters for further reading by anyone interested in the topic.  I went back and edited about one month of posts to edit the words in the links to news stories down to the bare minimum in words just to limit the amount of distraction that long links create to my original text comments.  I will keep the original linked text material to both my posts and to original source material like SEC filings and government releases.   I just discovered that removing the excess verbiage in the link does not disrupt the ability of any reader to go to the linked source material for further reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment