Thursday, January 8, 2009

SOLD JZV WITH GTC LIMIT ORDER AT 16.25

The 100 shares that you can not see traded for JZV at 16.25 used to belong to me.  I mentioned in a prior post that I placed this order.   It is the TC containing a CNA Financial bond.  I do not have much enthusiasm for CNA but simply thought this bond was being mispriced at my purchase cost which was 12.78 in mid October 2008. TRUST CERTIFICATE CNA BOND JZV
So this is pretty good, I would submit,  with about a 3 1/2 point gain on the security during a difficult period plus 1 semi-annual interest payment.  This one has been traded several times also which means that it is most likely to always be a trade for me rather than a long term hold.  I have never held this one for a year, six months would be a long hold for me for JZV. 

DISCLAIMER:

  I am not a financial advisor but an individual investor trying to navigate my way through a difficult market. In these posts, I am acting as an unpaid financial journalist and an occasional political commentator.   I am also aggregating financial news stories that I view as important and providing any reader of these posts, assuming there are more than a couple, with links to those articles, sort of a filtered, somewhat intelligent, free search engine.  Any discussion made by me of particular securities  is not a recommendation to buy or to sell.  Trade at your own risk.  Consult with your financial advisor prior to making any purchase or sale. I will try to identify my sales too but it may take a few minutes after I implement them to create a post explaining my reasons.  The sale may before or after the post.  Before buying or selling any stock, even one recommended by a trusted financial advisor,  please research it and make up your own mind which is what I always try to do.  Research would include reading reports, reviewing financial records, earnings estimates, sec filings and prior earnings releases and news.  In this post, and all others by me, I am merely describing my reasons for purchasing  or selling securities, and the potential pitfalls that I identified prior to purchase or the reasons for a sale.  The securities mentioned in this and all posts written by me may not be suitable for others based on their unique financial position and risk profile.  Always read the prospectus before buying a Trust Certificate, bond, preferred stock or other bond or bond like investments.  Information contained in my posts has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable but cannot be guaranteed.  These posts by me do not constitute investment advice, nor shall they be construed as a guarantee of future results, or as an offer of any transaction in securities.   All content in these posts is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only, and it is a form of entertainment for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment