Wednesday, October 8, 2008

TRUST CERTIFICATES JZJ AND PJL

As I said, I am conservative by nature but I will deploy some amounts of cash in this volatile bear market to buy bonds and bond ETFs at what I view as attractive prices. Others may disagree and want to hoard cash in 3 month Treasury Bills yielding less that 1/2 %.  I am not that conservative particularly when those kind of rates will lose money after inflation and taxes.   But I am still cautious and my approach is to deploy capital only in very small increments, spacing purchases out over several weeks.   I added this morning with a limit order 50 of the JZJ Trust Certificate at 16 in a retirement account, filled moments ago, and 50 of PJL Trust Certificate at a limit of 19.5.  I placed a limit order to buy Metpra at 8.8 which is open.  

No comments:

Post a Comment