Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bought another 50 FJA

I would just note in passing that a seller has appeared in a TC that I just bought,FJA, and one or more of them is causing a down spike which is not unusual in TC trading.  This is one reason to split an order up into pieces in this thinly traded market.  A buyer or seller of a few thousand shares can skew it up or down a lot.   I am fine with that kind of action and am use to seeing it.  So I just bought 50 shares at $14.2.  Depending on how motivated this seller is, the price may fall more into the close.  A description of this TC is provided in this post:  BOUGHT 100 of the TC FJA

I decided to take this one up to 200 shares in my main account, so I am at 150 now.  A quick calculation of the current yield at a total cost of $14.2 came to 12.5%.

Added 1:55 P.M :  I am going to manage the risk on this one. So, if it falls a buck from $14.2 before the ex interest date or below $12.5 after that date, I will add the other 50 and then sell the first lot on a move anywhere to 16 to $17 after the ex date, keeping the lower cost shares using FIFO accounting.    


DISCLAIMER

  I am not a financial advisor but an individual investor trying to navigate my way through a difficult market. I have never worked for a financial institution and never will.  In these posts, I am acting as an unpaid financial journalist and an occasional political commentator.   I am also aggregating financial news stories that I view as important and providing readers of these posts with links to those articles, sort of a filtered, somewhat intelligent, free search engine.  Any discussion made by me of particular securities  is not a recommendation to buy or to sell.  Trade at your own risk.  Consult with your financial advisor prior to making any purchase or sale. I will try to identify my sales too but it may take a few minutes after I implement them to create a post explaining my reasons.  The sale may before or after the post.  Before buying or selling any stock, even one recommended by a trusted financial advisor,  please research it and make up your own mind which is what I always try to do.  Research would include reading reports, reviewing financial records, earnings estimates, sec filings and prior earnings releases and news.  In this post, and all others by me, I am merely describing my reasons for purchasing  or selling securities, and the potential pitfalls that I identified prior to purchase or the reasons for a sale.  The securities mentioned in this and all posts written by me may not be suitable for others based on their unique financial position and risk profile.  By way of example, it is unlikely that I will ever need the funds contained in my retirement accounts. Always read the prospectus before buying a Trust Certificate, bond, preferred stock or other bond or bond like investments.  Information contained in my posts has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable but cannot be guaranteed.  It is always important to follow the investment process. the investment process/links to further information on canadian energy or royalty trustsInvestment Process Part II: Bonds and Bond Like Investments   NOT A RESEARCH SERVICE/Add of PWE Last Week   These posts by me do not constitute investment advice, nor shall they be construed as a guarantee of future results, or as an offer of any transaction in securities.   All content in these posts is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only, and it is a form of entertainment for me.  Anyone interested in a topic may want to review all discussions contained in the blog about it by using a relevant search term in the box at the top. Opinions are subject to change and they certainly evolve over time as information is assessed and analyzed for compatibility with prior opinions, the only process for a serious investor, and a topic of frequent discussion in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment