Monday, May 18, 2009

UBS Listing Of Preferred Securities in PDF format

ADDED 6/25/2009: FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN A LIST OF ALL PREFERRED SECURITIES, I WOULD RECOMMEND JOINING THE FREE SITE QUANTUMONLINE, REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 

*****ORIGINAL POST

I found this document that can be downloaded in PDF from UBS that contains a listing of Preferred stocks in one place.  It will be useful to me primarily because I will be able to look at maturity dates quickly.   You can also find this document by googling "UBS Universe preferred securities" Preferred Securities Universe 14 May 08(1).xls

I would still recommend that any investor interested in preferred stocks of all shapes and sizes register at the free site-QuantumOnline Credit Ratings - QuantumOnline.com


I have a research system where I download reports that I want to read to my desktop.  I have to read the report before filing it.  My desktop is now clogged with about 50 of them, so I will be most indisposed until I plow through them.  I will try to do start a Gateway Post today that contains links to my discussions about specific companies, and will post it later this morning even though it will only be the start of a work in progress to organize this blog better.  For those who know me, I had my own firm in D.C  many year ago, founded with a much older gentleman where I was then the Young Turk, that worked primarily in the antitrust field and in electric utility rate making cases.  I would often sit at a desk with what was called than a word processor, much as I am doing now with my IMAC, and crank out magnum opuses on one subject or another.  I soon realized that I needed an editor.  I was interviewing an older man in his late 30s about to graduate from Georgetown (I was in my late 20s then) who had worked as a newspaper journalist before changing careers, and hired him on the spot.  I needed an editor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment